Running out of gift ideas for a mermaid lover? Handmade and personalize your own mermaid doll with this amigurumi pattern!
This mermaid is a slightly long and complicated project and is recommended for someone with amigurumi experience. The pattern is meticulously written with many step-by-step photos to ensure that you can follow along easily. The pattern is 21 pages long with 58 photos and is written in US terminology.
To complete this project, you will use the following techniques:
- Crocheting in continuous round
- forming a magic ring
- sewing amigurumi parts together
- sc : Single Crochet
- sc inc : Single Crochet Increase
- sc dec : Single Crochet Decrease
- ss : slip stitch
- ch: chain
- hdc : half double crochet
- hdc inc : half double crochet increase
- hdc dec : half double crochet decrease
- dc : double crochet
- tr : treble crochet
- dtr : double treble crochet
- sc3tog : single crochet 3 together
The following materials and tools will be needed to complete this project (based on fingering yarn):
- Flesh color yarn
- Purple yarn
- Pink yarn
- White yarn
- Pastel yellow yarn
- Black embroidery thread
- Safety Eyes 9mm x2 (use a bigger size if you are using a thicker yarn)
- Crochet Hook 2.5mm
- Felting needle + pink felting wool OR pink felt and glue
- Yarn needle
For reference, using fingering yarn with a 2.5mm hook will produce a mermaid of about 17.8cm/ 7in tall. Using DK yarn with 3mm hook will produce a mermaid of about 27cm/ 10 in tall. Use a thicker yarn and bigger hook to make a bigger mermaid and thinner yarn and smaller hook to make a smaller one.
Upon purchase, you will receive a link in your email to download the pattern in pdf format. The pattern includes a complimentary needle felting guide for the cheeks.
Copying, sharing or re-selling of this pattern is not allowed. Please credit Snacksies Handicraft Corner for the design if you are selling the finished amigurumi mermaid.
Prefer to get the completed doll instead? You can get it by clicking this link: handmade-to-order mermaid doll.