Mermaid Doll Amigurumi Pattern
Running out of gift ideas for a mermaid lover? Handmade and personalize your own mermaid doll with this amigurumi pattern!
This mermaid is a slightly long and complicated project and is recommended for someone with amigurumi experience. The pattern is meticulously written with many step-by-step photos to ensure that you can follow along easily. The pattern is 21 pages long with 58 photos and is written in US terminology.
To complete this project, you will use the following techniques:
- Crocheting in continuous round
- forming a magic ring
- sewing amigurumi parts together
- sc : Single Crochet
- sc inc : Single Crochet Increase
- sc dec : Single Crochet Decrease
- ss : slip stitch
- ch: chain
- hdc : half double crochet
- hdc inc : half double crochet increase
- hdc dec : half double crochet decrease
- dc : double crochet
- tr : treble crochet
- dtr : double treble crochet
- sc3tog : single crochet 3 together
The following materials and tools will be needed to complete this project (based on fingering yarn):
- Flesh color yarn
- Purple yarn
- Pink yarn
- White yarn
- Pastel yellow yarn
- Black embroidery thread
- Safety Eyes 9mm x2 (use a bigger size if you are using a thicker yarn)
- Crochet Hook 2.5mm
- Felting needle + pink felting wool OR pink felt and glue
- Yarn needle
For reference, using fingering yarn with a 2.5mm hook will produce a mermaid of about 17.8cm/ 7in tall. Using DK yarn with 3mm hook will produce a mermaid of about 27cm/ 10 in tall. Use a thicker yarn and bigger hook to make a bigger mermaid and thinner yarn and smaller hook to make a smaller one.
Upon purchase, you will receive a link in your email to download the pattern in pdf format. The pattern includes a complimentary needle felting guide for the cheeks.
Copying, sharing or re-selling of this pattern is not allowed. Please credit Snacksies Handicraft Corner for the design if you are selling the finished amigurumi mermaid.
Prefer to get the completed doll instead? You can get it by clicking this link: handmade-to-order mermaid doll.
~ Turnaround/ Processing time ~
- Turnaround time for each made-to-order amigurumi will be stated in the individual listing.
- Generally, it takes around 2 weeks to create a single made-to-order amigurumi and 3 weeks for couple made-to-order amigurumi.
- If more than 1 amigurumi is purchased, the total creation time can take between 2-4 weeks depending on the number ordered.
- If you need to rush your order, please send an email to email@example.com
- Please note that creation only starts after payment is received.
Safety Eyes and Ready-to-ship Amigurumi
- Safety eyes and ready-to-ship items will be shipped in 1-5 business days after payment is received.
- Craft Kits will be shipped in 1-5 business days after payment is received.
- You will be able download patterns immediately after purchasing.
~ Patterns delivery ~
- You will see a link to download the pattern file on your screen after purchase.
- You will also be emailed a link to download the pattern file after purchasing. The link will expire after a month and has a maximum download limit of 5 times. Do save your files in a safe place.
- All patterns are in pdf format and you will need a pdf reader to open the files.
~ Toys, Safety Eyes and Craft Kits shipping ~
- Generally, please allow around 2 weeks for overseas delivery. Please allow additional 2 weeks for peak season such as Christmas period.
- You will receive an email with shipping details when your purchase is shipped out. Please make sure that you have entered a valid email address.
- Both trackable (Registered Article) and non-trackable shipping options are available. Trackable shipping is highly recommended. No refund and replacement are given for lost mail shipped with the non-trackable option.
- Packages sent through the trackable option need to be signed for.
- Express mail can also be arranged but it can be costly. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing.
- Detailed shipping and tracking details for various countries can be found below.
- Please do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com for any shipping issues.
Tracking and Shipping for USA customers
- Tracking is now available withing USA if the trackable shipping option is chosen.
- Shipping to US usually takes about 10 - 24 days during non-peak period.
- Packages are directly sent to the mailbox.
Tracking & Delivery for Canada customers
- Normal trackable shipping and UPS shipping is now available for Canada.
- For normal trackable shipping, shipping can take up to 6 weeks due to delay at Canada customs and Canada Post. Tracking is available within Canada.
- For UPS, shipping should take a few days and can be tracked within Canada.
Tracking for Australia customers
- Australia Post does not show status online for International Registered Article. However, the package can still be tracked through a phone call to Australia Post with the same tracking number.
- I will be able to help you send a query to Singapore Post too after 18 days of non-receipt.
Shipping to Italy
- I am unable to ship Amigurumi to Italy due to Italy customs prohibitions.
- For safety eyes/noses shipping, please note that it may take 2 months.
- Tracking of package is available via Italy Post website
~ Customs and Import Duties for International Shipping ~
- Please note that you have to be responsible for all taxes and custom fees which may be charged in your country.
Custom taxes for Denmark customers
- You may be charged taxes higher than some of the items in my shop at your post office. This does not happen all the time but please take note of the risk when ordering.