Octopus with Headphone Amigurumi Pattern
Learn to make some music-loving octopuses with his amigurumi pattern!
(Note: This listing is for the purchase of the pattern teaching you how to make the octopus with headphone plush. You will need to purchase your own materials to make it.)
This pattern only requires basic amigurumi techniques and is suitable for an amigurumi beginner who has basic crochet and sewing skills. You will be using these techniques in this project:
- Crocheting in the round
- forming a magic ring
- sewing amigurumi parts together
- sc : Single Crochet
- sc inc : Single Crochet Increase
- sc dec : Single Crochet Decrease
- ss : slip stitch
- ch : chain stitch
The pattern is written in US terminology and is very detailedly written to ensure that you can follow along. There are 19 photos in 9 pages of instructions, with step-by-step photos at the more complicated parts. A needle felting guide for the cheeks is also provided at the end of the crochet pattern.
You will need to get the following materials to complete this project:
- Pink yarn
- Cream yarn
- Purple yarn
- Black embroidery thread
- Safety Eyes 6mm x2 (use a bigger size if you are using a thicker yarn)
- Crochet Hook 2.5mm
- Felting needle + red felting wool OR red felt and glue
- Yarn needle
As a guide, using fingering yarn with a 2.5mm hook will produce an octopus of about 5.3cm/2.1in tall. Use a thicker yarn and bigger hook to make a bigger octopus and a thinner yarn and smaller hook to make a smaller one. If you are a beginner, using a thicker yarn and bigger hook will make the project even easier.
The pattern is a downloadable PDF file and you will need a reader on your pc or device to open it. A link will be sent to your email to download your file after you purchased it. Feel free to contact me for any questions regarding the pattern.
Please do not copy, share or sell this pattern. If you sell the finished doll, please credit Snacksies Handicraft Corner for the design.
~ Turnaround/ Processing time ~
- Turnaround time for each made-to-order amigurumi will be stated in the individual listing.
- Generally, it takes around 2 weeks to create a single made-to-order amigurumi and 3 weeks for couple made-to-order amigurumi.
- If more than 1 amigurumi is purchased, the total creation time can take between 2-4 weeks depending on the number ordered.
- If you need to rush your order, please send an email to email@example.com
- Please note that creation only starts after payment is received.
Safety Eyes and Ready-to-ship Amigurumi
- Safety eyes and ready-to-ship items will be shipped in 1-5 business days after payment is received.
- Craft Kits will be shipped in 1-5 business days after payment is received.
- You will be able download patterns immediately after purchasing.
~ Patterns delivery ~
- You will see a link to download the pattern file on your screen after purchase.
- You will also be emailed a link to download the pattern file after purchasing. The link will expire after a month and has a maximum download limit of 5 times. Do save your files in a safe place.
- All patterns are in pdf format and you will need a pdf reader to open the files.
~ Toys, Safety Eyes and Craft Kits shipping ~
- Generally, please allow around 2 weeks for overseas delivery. Please allow additional 2 weeks for peak season such as Christmas period.
- You will receive an email with shipping details when your purchase is shipped out. Please make sure that you have entered a valid email address.
- Both trackable (Registered Article) and non-trackable shipping options are available. Trackable shipping is highly recommended. No refund and replacement are given for lost mail shipped with the non-trackable option.
- Packages sent through the trackable option need to be signed for.
- Express mail can also be arranged but it can be costly. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing.
- Detailed shipping and tracking details for various countries can be found below.
- Please do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com for any shipping issues.
Tracking and Shipping for USA customers
- Tracking is now available withing USA if the trackable shipping option is chosen.
- Shipping to US usually takes about 10 - 24 days during non-peak period.
- Packages are directly sent to the mailbox.
Tracking & Delivery for Canada customers
- Normal trackable shipping and UPS shipping is now available for Canada.
- For normal trackable shipping, shipping can take up to 6 weeks due to delay at Canada customs and Canada Post. Tracking is available within Canada.
- For UPS, shipping should take a few days and can be tracked within Canada.
Tracking for Australia customers
- Australia Post does not show status online for International Registered Article. However, the package can still be tracked through a phone call to Australia Post with the same tracking number.
- I will be able to help you send a query to Singapore Post too after 18 days of non-receipt.
Shipping to Italy
- I am unable to ship Amigurumi to Italy due to Italy customs prohibitions.
- For safety eyes/noses shipping, please note that it may take 2 months.
- Tracking of package is available via Italy Post website
~ Customs and Import Duties for International Shipping ~
- Please note that you have to be responsible for all taxes and custom fees which may be charged in your country.
Custom taxes for Denmark customers
- You may be charged taxes higher than some of the items in my shop at your post office. This does not happen all the time but please take note of the risk when ordering.