Teru Teru Bozu Amigurumi Crochet Pattern
This pattern teaches you how to make a Teru Teru Bozu amigurumi. Teru Teru Bozu is a traditional handmade doll made by Japanese farmers to hang by the window for good weather.
(Please note: This listing is for crochet amigurumi PATTERN and not the finished amigurumi!! If you are looking for the finished amigurumi, you can find the made-to-order amigurumi here.)
This pattern is very straightforward and is suitable for beginners with basic crochet knowledge. It makes a great starting project for anyone picking up amigurumi. It comes with 5 pages of detailed instructions and 6 photos to help you follow along.
The stitches and techniques that you will need to know for this pattern are:
- Crocheting in the round,
- forming a magic ring,
- sc : Single Crochet
- sc inc : Single Crochet Increase
- sc dec : Single Crochet Decrease
- hdc : Half Double Crochet
- dc : Double Crochet
Using fingering yarn with 2.5mm hook will produce a teru teru bozu of about 7.5cm/ 3in tall. It will be bigger if you use a thicker yarn and smaller if you use a thinner yarn.
The materials you will need for this project will be (based on fingering yarn):
- White yarn
- Black embroidery or lace yarn
- Safety Eyes 6mm x2 (use a bigger size if using a thicker yarn)
- Crochet Hook 2.5mm (or a hook size suitable for your yarn)
- Felting needle + pink felting wool OR pink felt and glue
- Ribbon 30cm/11.8in (use a longer ribbon if using a thicker yarn)
The pattern is a downloadable PDF file and you will need a PDF reader to open it. A link will be sent to your email to download your file after you purchased it. Feel free to contact me for any questions regarding the pattern.
Please do not copy, share or sell this pattern. If you sell the finished doll, please credit Snacksies Handicraft Corner for the design.